Arch Dornan is a drill sergeant in the Navarro base. Equipped with advanced power armor, he chastises privates for even the smallest infractions and breaches of protocol.
|This character has a talking head.|
|This character is allied with the following faction(s).||
- Talking to him even while equipped with advanced power armor will end with him forcing the Chosen One to stand guard at the hangar. If dialogue with him is initiated after being sent to guard the hangar, he will react negatively.
- Should he spot the Chosen One out of Enclave armor, there is a chance he has them thrown off the base, thinking they are just another civilian. If spotted a second time, he concludes that the Chosen One is actually a spy and raises the alarm. However, with enough points in primary and secondary statistics, one can fool him into believing that they have actually lost their issued set of power armor or were not issued one by sloppy base personnel, resulting in a lengthy tirade and a dismissal to the quartermaster for another suit.
- If he spots the Chosen One away from the hangar, he will relentlessly pursue them and chastise them upon catching them. If this happens three times however, the entire base will turn hostile. If he notices that the Chosen One has left their post however, he will search the base, and a floating text will indicate that he is looking for them.
- "Welcome to Camp Navarro... a civilian! How in the hell did a civilian get on this base? I'll have someone's ass for dinner! Get this civilian off government property!"
- "Well I'll be damned. I had you escorted off this base and here you are again. I don't think you're a civilian after all. More than likely you're a spy! Sound the alarm and execute this maggot!"
- "Oh, lovely. They've sent me a mo-ron. Listen closely. You will stand guard at the hangar. This is your duty post. You will go there now and stay on guard until told otherwise. Now move it, soldier!"
- "I am not a sir! I work for a living you mo-ron! You will call me Sergeant or Sergeant Dornan do you understand me? "
- "Outstanding. Proceed on the double to the hangar where you will stand guard duty. You will do a fine job. Do you understand?"
- "You mo-ron, you are not to question my orders! When I say jump, you jump! When I say fight, you fight! When I tell you to die for your country, then you will certainly die! Have I made myself clear?"
- "Welcome to Camp Navarro. So, you're the new replacement... You are out of uniform, soldier! Where is your power armor? Don't have any? You expect me to believe that, maggot? The truth is you lost an expensive piece of army-issue equipment. That suit is going to come out of your pay, and you will remain in this mans army until you are five hundred and ten years old, which is the number of years it will take for you to pay for a Mark II Powered Combat Armor you have lost! Report to the armory and have a new suit issued to you, then report back to me, private! Dismissed!"
- "If I like you, you can call me Sarge. But guess what? I don't like you! Do you understand?"
- "Excellent! You're in uniform now so I'm going to give you a rare opportunity. We are going to start over as if I never met your sorry ass. Would you like that, soldier?"
- "Soldier, you are still out of uniform. I gave you a direct order to report to supplies and get your issue. Now, get out of my face and don't come back until you look like a soldier! This is the second time you have come to me out of uniform, Soldier. There will not be a third!"
- "Trooper, what are you doing here? Get back to your guard post! Mo-ron. If I see you away from your post again, it will be the sorriest day of your short life! You are a danger to us all. That will end now."
Like the Navarro base commander, Arch Dornan uses a female proto id, but is referred to as a male in dialogue.
- The Courier: "How much money do you owe this Reaper guy?"
Cannibal Johnson: "What? I was talking about Death, kid. Guess that one went right over your head, didn't it? Old Sergeant would've had a field day with you.
(Cannibal Johnson's dialogue) Note: This prompt is spoken with an Intelligence of 3 or less.
- The Courier: "Who's Sergeant Dornan?"
Cannibal Johnson: "He was a drill instructor I knew. He was also the meanest bastard I've ever known. Once, he caught this private out of uniform and old Dornan went off on the most ear-blistering rant known to man. It was inspiring."
(Cannibal Johnson's dialogue)
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.361: "[3.11] Cannibal Johnson's Cave
On the bluffs northwest of Camp Golf [3.23], close to Vault 34 [3.12], is a slit in the rocks above a steep gully, which sports a battered old door. Check the Hollowed-Out Rock at the entrance. Enter, and watch your step!
Deactivate the Bear Trap on the floor. Speak with Cannibal Johnson, and he greets you as an old friend. It’s only when you talk more that you realize he was hoping it was death. At this point, you can speak to him about “mean old” drill Sergeant Dornan, his time in the military, and whether he’s a Cannibal. He isn’t saying. But recalls a story where he bit the heart out of a Raider when he was surrounded. He also mentions his tribal wife, with pretty eyes. She’s dead a long time, now.
Cannibal Johnson looks like an accomplished hunter. There's also ground-water to drink, which is cleaner than it appears."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide/Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)