Achievements and Trophies · Add-ons · Apparel · Characters · Combat · Companion Wheel · Creatures · Endings · Factions · Items · Locations · Miscellaneous World Objects · Perks · Quests · Radio stations · Robots · SPECIAL · Scripted Encounters · Soundtrack · Traits · Unused Content · VATS · Weapon Spread · Weapons ·Wild Wasteland
Unused Content Overviews
A page outlining unused content from Fallout: New Vegas.
Some content is found in the game files, but is inaccessible within the game itself. See also test content.
Ammunition and Mods
Armor and Clothing
|Locks, Schmocks||The player must picks 25 locks.||0015EB2E|
|Lucky Shooter||Inflict damage to 100 enemy heads with automatic rifle-grip Guns.||0015EB00|
|Shoot His Eye Out||Inflict damage to 100 enemy heads with one-handed Guns.||0015EAFF|
|Sierra Madre Souvenir Collector||Collect 250 Sierra Madre Chips||01352D|
|You Missed the Apple||Inflict damage to 100 enemy heads with non-automatic Guns rifles.||0015EAFE|
Holotapes and Notes
|Image||Name||Editor ID||Form ID|
|Bright and Shiny||VMQ04||001344E8|
|Meat of Champions||MeatOfChampions||00164AFA|
|Underpass Water Purifier||00103FED|
|Viva Las Vegas!||VMQ06||0013A40B|
|Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas||0011EBA7|
|World Changes Post-Endgame||001567D7 (world)|
Behind the scenes
- Continuous beam weapon[Dev 1]
- GP machine gun (RepairNVGPMachineGun)[Dev 2]
- Howdah .50MG pistol[Dev 3]
- Question: "Why do the energy weapons in the Fallout series tend to fire like conventional automatic weapons rather than ever using a continuous beam? I'm thinking specifically of guns like the gatling laser, that fires a series of beams rather than one unbroken one."
Joshua Sawyer: "I think continuous beam weapons are cool. We actually tried implementing a continuous beam weapon in F:NV and it was a colossal mess. We put a fair amount of time into it, but it was causing tremendous problems, so we pulled it out."
(Fallout: New Vegas developer statements; Joshua Sawyer Formspring posts, 26 September 2012)
- Joshua Sawyer on Tumblr: "Big Guns was never going to be part of F:NV, but the GP Machine Gun was going to be a .308 MG that I later decided was unnecessary in the base game. I think my initial idea was to base it on the M60. In the end, the LMG is an aesthetic blend of the M60 and M249 SAW. We added the .308-chambered Automatic Rifle (BAR) in Dead Money, and I think the limited mag size, high damage, and relatively low RoF set it apart from the LMG."
- Was there ever a gun in the development of FO:NV that you wanted, but proved to be too anachronistic for the series?
Joshua Sawyer: I had considered a howdah pistol as a single-shot .50 MG handgun. I chose not to use it, not because it was anachronistic, but because it was terrible in any circumstances other than a close-range sneak attack.
(Fallout: New Vegas developer statements; Joshua Sawyer Formspring posts, 12 August 2012)