Autumn was raised on the oil rig.[Pub 1] His father was a high-ranking Enclave scientist who received orders from the president to relocate all high-ranking officials to Raven Rock, the only secure Enclave location with a functioning ZAX super-computer.[Pub 1]
Colonel Autumn expresses his belief that the Enclave is the legitimate continuation of the United States government. He is dedicated to preserving the initiatives of the government, referring to those who oppose him as traitors. He warns the people living in the Capital Wasteland not to interfere with the Enclave's mission, or risk harsh consequences. The colonel's ideas for how best to solidify power in the region puts him at odds with President Eden, resulting in Autumn circumventing the president's orders.
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.
Essential status expires when "The Waters of Life" quest begins.
|This character is involved in quests.
|This character drops a finger upon death (Lawbringer).
- Fallout 3
|Colonel Autumn's uniform
|Colonel Autumn's 10mm Pistol
Colonel Autumn's Laser Pistol1
1 Only obtainable during "Take it Back!"
- After completing The Waters of Life, Colonel Autumn can be heard on the Enclave Radio informing the people of the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave's mission and warns not to interfere with them.
- When killed during Take It Back!, his body may fall down the gap underneath the purifier's control room, making it impossible to loot.
- In Lonesome Road, Autumn is mentioned as making decisions regarding the Duraframe Eyebot and Enclave Hellfire Armor projects taking place at Adams Air Force Base.
- "The American people are worth fighting for. The future must be secured. I won't let you stand in the way of that."
- "Once you're dead, we'll finish off this pathetic Brotherhood and become the true saviors of the Wasteland."
- "Furthermore, you are to assist Enclave scientists in assuming control of the administration and operation of this facility at once."
- "When you see the Enclave, you see the United States government. We are authorized to restore order and civility, by any means necessary."
- "Sir, this is the last time I am going to repeat myself. Stand down at once, and turn over control of this facility."
- "The prisoner from Vault 101 is to be shot on sight. I repeat, shot on sight. This is an order!"
- "I should have killed you right away. We have the G.E.C.K., we'll get the code. We don't need you."
Autumn injecting himself to survive the radiation in Project Purity
Autumn ambushing the Lone Wanderer in Vault 87
Autumn in Raven Rock, Cell 4
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 66: "Colonel Augustus Autumn"
"Autumn grew up on an oil rig off the California coast (the base of operations for the Enclave, the secretive contingent of the United States government that survived after the apocalypse). His father was the high-ranking Enclave scientist on orders from the president to move all high-ranking officials to the only other secure Enclave location with a functioning ZAX super-computer, Raven Rock. Colonel Autumn has proven to be far less subservient than his scientist father, often openly disagreeing with the president's decisions."