Wolfhorn ranch is a farmstead in the Mojave Wasteland in Fallout: New Vegas. It is located east of Nipton, just south of where Nevada 164 divides to Ranger Station Charlie in the north and to Camp Searchlight in the south.
The main building exists as a one-room shack, containing a stove, armor locker, two lockers, and a bed. Surrounding the building is evidence of recent farming. There is a windmill, constructed walkways, crops, and various tools littered around the area. There is also an irradiated water source just outside the ranch. Near the flag pole is a grave, overlooking Nevada 164. A radio nearby will be tuned to Radio New Vegas.
- Chopper - A unique cleaver, found in a box on the stove inside the farmhouse.
- Tumblers Today - Near the fridge, on the floor.
- Containers here do not respawn, so items can be safely stored here. The bed can be used, but it will not provide the Well Rested bonus effect.
- Faint whispering can be heard near the grave. A shovel is not required to loot it.
- Legionary assassins may spawn northwest of here if the Courier has a poor reputation with Caesar's Legion.
- To the north, next to the nearest roadside billboard advertising Fancy Lads Snack Cakes, a dead Bright follower can be found.
Wolfhorn ranch appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- In the French, Italian, and Spanish versions of Fallout: New Vegas, the location is called "Camp d'Ulysses", "Accampamento di Ulysses", and "Campamento Ulises" respectively. All three designations translate to "Ulysses' Camp".
- According to Chris Avellone, the grave located on the hill in the ranch is a reference to "the memory of Ulysses dev-wise."[Dev 1]
The location of the Chopper, inside the farmhouse
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition, p. 420: "Wolfhorn Ranch
What was once a profitable Bighorner ranch has recently been abandoned, and its owner—a man named Ulysses—is nowhere to be found. Scour the place, especially the farmhouse itself (which has most of the items you want). Down at the bottom of the garden is a well and a tank with irradiated water (only sip if you're desperate), and an allotment with a few plants to pick."
(Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- Question: "Ulysses turned out to be a fascinating character, but I still wonder about this- who's buried in the grave at Wolfhorn Ranch?"
Chris Avellone: "Grave = The memory of Ulysses dev-wise, in the game itself, it's unknown (one of our level designers, Syd, put it there)."
(Fallout: New Vegas developer statements/Locations; Chris Avellone: Wolfhorn Ranch grave, 2011 September 25)