The Third Rail is a music club in the repurposed Scollay Square Station. The club is owned by John Hancock, the mayor of Goodneighbor, and managed by a Mister Handy named Whitechapel Charlie. Charlie primarily operates the bar, and a singer named Magnolia performs on a small stage.[Pub 1]
The Third Rail is set in a pre-War subway station. Through the entrance is a small area, with a restroom to the right, a ticket counter to the left, and the bouncer Ham standing guard in front of the stairs ahead. Down the stairs is the bar, with a small stage to the left, and a VIP room down a short corridor to the right. A small Novice-locked storage room to the left of the stairs in the bar area contains a steamer trunk.
- Barnes (temporary)
- Cedric Hopton (optional)
- Edward Deegan (temporary)
- Emogene Cabot (optional)
- Robert MacCready
- Whitechapel Charlie
- Winlock (temporary)
- Six drifters
- Yuki (optional)
- Live & Love issue #4 - In the restroom, in the last stall on top of the back of the toilet.
- Overdue Book - At the bottom of the stairs, in a cardboard box.
- One Nuka-Cola Quantum and one Nuka-Cherry - Behind the bar, on a counter. Must be stolen.
- Gwinnett Pils Recipe - Behind the bar, on the counter next to the fridge. Must be stolen.
- Bill's Letter - Taken from Cedric Hopton.
- MacCready's Duster and MacCready's Hat - Worn by MacCready.
- Architect's note - On the bar.
- Institute renegade outfit - Worn by S.N.O.W./Yuki if given a synth body.
- Building a Better Crop
- Emogene Takes a Lover
- The Silver Shroud
- MacCready for Action
- The Cleaner
- Neon Winter
The Third Rail only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
The term "third rail" refers to the conductor rail found on electrified railway lines, such as those in subways.
Live & Love issue #4
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 485: "  The Third Rail
After Ham the doorman lets you in, take a restroom break for some light reading before visiting Whitechapel Charlie’s bar, constructed from the remains of Scollay Square subway station. Downstairs you can chinwag with the governor (Charlie has a task he’d like assistance with), flirt with Magnolia the lounge singer, or steal a Holotape with a Gwinnett Pils recipe on it. The VIP area has MacCready and some rough types hanging around."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide/Map)