|For an overview of the topic, see Shishkebab.
The Shishkebab is a makeshift "flaming sword" that requires the appropriate schematics to build. The Motorcycle Gas Tank provides a reservoir of fuel, the Handbrake becomes part of the handguard and likely the ignition trigger for the Pilot Light, the Lawn Mower Blade becomes the blade of the sword, and the Pilot Light ignites the fuel-coated blade when the sword is drawn.
The Shishkebab, in addition to its Melee damage, will also set the target on fire, dealing 2 damage per second for 5 seconds. The Pyromaniac perk will also increase the Shishkebab's melee damage and boost fire damage from 2 to 3 damage per second for 5 seconds. Any humanoid companion can use a Shishkebab. Like all custom weapons, it can be upgraded with v2 or v3 schematics.
The Shishkebab can successfully strike about 429 times from full condition before breaking.
Vance wields a Shishkebab which will be in poor condition if looted from him after killing him.
Lawn Mower Blade (1)
Pilot Light (1)
- As it is constantly on fire, the Shishkebab will set off gas leaks if the player character walks through one with the sword drawn. The same applies if a companion has it equipped.
- When equipped, the player character and their companions will also wear an oven mitt on their right hand - presumably as protection from the heat.
- The Shishkebab is one of the weapons that can burn Harold in the quest Oasis.
- Repeated slashes on a dead body may form an "eternal fire" on the body itself, or the place where the body is laying. This does not affect gameplay and usually disappears upon leaving the area and returning. This effect can also be seen on dismembered limbs.
- The Shishkebab weighs less than half the total weight of the components used to create it. This could be because parts that were not needed were discarded when creating the weapon.
- A series of twelve tally marks appear on the Shishkebab's gas tank but are not present on the motorcycle gas tank item.
- Despite using a small gas tank, the Shishkebab requires no refueling.
- Originally called the "shishkesword," according to the label on a piece of concept art.
Behind the scenes
- "Shish kebab" is a traditional Turkish dish consisting of meat threaded on a skewer and grilled.[Ext 1]
- Concept art shows the Shishkebab was originally envisioned with a hose connecting the fuel tank to the blade, similar to other weapons featuring backpacks like the Minigun and Flamer.
Names in other languages
|Flaming Gas Sword