A power fist is a type of unarmed weapon.
Big Frigger Power Fist
The BeatCo Big Frigger is a gauntlet relying on power servomotors designed to increase the strength of the owner in unarmed combat. The device is powered by small energy cells. It lacks a kinetic energy storage device to increase knockback, unlike the super sledge, and cannot knock targets back.
Big Frigger Mega Power Fist
The BeatCo Big Frigger mega power fist is an upgraded gauntlet using more powerful servomotors designed to increase the strength of the owner in unarmed combat. The device is powered by small energy cells, but the extra power means it consumes twice as much energy.
The power fist is an Unarmed class weapon that appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. It appears as an armored gauntlet, like that of a suit of power armor. However, it appears to use a pneumatic ram instead of kinetic energy devices, making it function in a manner closer to that of the impact gloves. There was interest in creating an electromagnetic pulse variant of this model of power fist. The culmination of this branch of development is the FSGv118-b model Shocker glove, the only known prototype still to exist.
- For the unique power fists in Fallout 3, see the Shocker and Fisto.
- For the unique power fist in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts, see Salt-Upon-Wounds' Power Fist.
Power Fist (GRA)
A reworked model of pneumatic Power Fist built by the Gun Runners. While immediately identical to the standard Power Fist, it's built with modular parts that can be upgraded. See also the unique variant Greased Lightning.
Demolition power fist
Saturnite Fists are an experimental prototype version of standard Power Fists. Made from the same lightweight ceramic 'Saturnite' alloy as cosmic knives, they can be swung faster than their heavier counterparts. See also the upgraded version, the Super-Heated Saturnite Fist.
An industrialized civilian model of the pneumatic Power Fist, fitted instead with a high-speed motor and a circular saw-blade. The industrial hand is the only Power Fist variant that can be used to inflict continuous damage.
Impact gloves are an Unarmed class of weapon exclusive to Fallout Tactics. They appear to be a leather glove with a pneumatic piston bolted to the back of the hand, which extends on contact with the enemy for additional striking force. While not, strictly speaking, a power fist, it is included as it functions in a more or less similar fashion. Impact gloves do not require ammunition.
Mega Power Fist
The Mega Power fist is an enhanced version of the Power Fist that appears in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. It uses an internal power source, negating the need for power cells. The impact of the Power Fist deals damage similar to a raygun shot.
Behind the scenes
- Mega power fist: "A "Big Frigger" power fist from BeatCo. Considered by many to be the ultimate weapon to use in unarmed combat. This one has upgraded power servos for increased strength. Powered by small energy cells."
- The Art of Fallout 4 p.234: "It's not all about the guns, of course. The melee selection was expanded as well, with a eye toward entertaining builds designed to deliver massive (and painful) physical damage. Some of these weapons were initially intended for purposes other than inflicting harm. The power first and super sledge are prewar hardware originally used by construction crews for demolition. But it certainly didn't take much imagination to find alternative uses for them."
- Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Rulebook p. 119: "A Power Fist is a reinforced gauntlet or vambrace which mounts a heavy-duty pneumatic ram over the knuckles. Designed for use by demolition crews, it has also seen military use for breaching fortifications and clearing enemy barricades… and enemies."