The New Vegas medical clinic is a Followers of the Apocalypse medical facility outside of New Vegas run by Doctor Usanagi. It is located east and right next of Crimson Caravan Company and somewhat southwest of the Mole Rat Ranch.
Dr. Usanagi oversees the day-to-day operation of this facility. Being a clinic run and operated by the Followers of the Apocalypse, everything is funded by the Followers as well. However, the Followers can't pay for everything and rely on charity to provide a lot of their low-cost services. Besides clinical care, the Followers here also offer implant surgery to any well off denizen for a steep price.
Run by the selfless Doctor Usanagi, the clinic offers a reasonable array of medical supplies and an unmatched array of Implants. Pass the bodyguards to speak to Doctor Usanagi herself. You can speak about her role or (if you’re engaged in a Quest) another matter, but you can make a 500 Cap donation to the Followers (for a Fame gain), and also purchase medical supplies and the Skill Magazines on the tables around the waiting room. You can also steal these, which causes Follower Infamy and everyone becomes hostile. Also, if you’re ready for computerized enhancements of a more robotic kind, why not begin Free Quest: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger?”— Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide/Tour of the Mojave Wasteland
There is a waiting room in the clinic's entrance in which guests wait to be accommodated by Dr. Usanagi. Further into the clinic is a surgery room, a small classroom for medical students, and a toilet.
Seven syringes of Med-X can be stolen from the surgery room, on the middle rack of the left supply cart.
- The background music is "Serenity," which had been originally used for Modoc.
- If the Courier has befriended the Followers of the Apocalypse, Usanagi will give a discount on supplies, including publications such as Meeting People, Fixin' Things, and Today's Physician. She will also buy items for a value higher than other vendors, such as the Gun Runners.
- In addition to being able to buy medical supplies and medical treatments at the clinic, the Courier can buy medical implants that increase SPECIAL traits for 4,000 caps each, as well as a Damage Threshold upgrade for 8,000 caps and a health regeneration implant for 12,000 caps. Buying all implants will cost a total of 48,000 caps (calculated without taking the discount into account).
- The value of the Courier's Endurance will determine how many implants they can have, up to the max of nine. Temporary boosts do not count, as only permanent points allow the Courier to receive them.
- The clinic doesn't have any medical supplies in storage, so the only way to obtain them from this area is by buying them from Usanagi.
- Dr. Usanagi's supplies restock every 48 hours.
- Caps paid to Dr. Usanagi for implants do not add to the caps she has to buy items from the Courier.
- There are a total of three clinic guards in the main room when entering and one more in the back near the surgery room.
The New Vegas medical clinic appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- The New Vegas Medical Clinic is situated in the same geographical location as the Operation Hope Medical Clinic within the CARE Complex, a non-profit free medical and dental clinic in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The window to the right of the outside doors has a smiley face with an "X" below it. This sign is similar to the symbol used in "hobo code" to indicate that "the doctor at this office will treat hobos free of charge."
- If you have two companions with you and get the health regeneration implant, both of your companions will disappear upon leaving the clinic. [verified]
- Dr. Usanagi will sometimes lose the conversation option to heal injuries. She will still cure radiation poisoning and offer implants and supplies. [verified]
- Lockpick skill. [verified] After asking for the charisma implant, the entrance to the clinic becomes locked. The only way to exit is to have an average or higher