|For an overview of combat shotgun models, see shotgun.
“An automatic, 12 gauge military shotgun. The best weapon for close quarters, except for a Flamethrower.”
The NeoStead Combat SG is a weapon in Fallout Tactics.
A fully automatic shotgun that does decent damage but loses its effectiveness at later levels.
- This shotgun can be located in the town of Quincy's detention center, inside one of the prison cells in a chest.
- It can also be found in random encounters while traveling the wasteland directly around Bunker Alpha once the Brahmin Wood mission has been completed. Ghost-like "citizen-thin" NPCs often carry one each (along with a stimpak and some 12 gauge shotgun shells). If one can't see it in the initial steal inventory window, let one of the team members get caught stealing from that NPC; on the next turn when entering the Steal window, it will be there. One will need about 80% Steal skill to be able to grab the weapon. If the NPCs wander around a lot, enter turn-based mode by pressing Enter.
- Bunker Delta, one carried by Initiate Percy along with flechette shells.
- Junction City, one in a chest in the cave under the city, guarded by giant rats.
- Cold Water, four carried by BOS deserters.
- Scott City, one carried by a robot.
Behind the scenes
The Neostead Combat SG is a reference to the real world NeoStead series of shotguns.