Mole rats are creatures.
A highly bacterial species, mole rats have sharp claws and even sharper tusks that they use to tear great chunks of flesh from their prey,[Pub 1] as well as chewing on anything they can find, such as wiring. They are also able to quickly dig and burrow underground, speculated to create miles of underground warrens.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Mammalia
- Order: Rodentia
- Family: Bathyergidae
Hairy mole rat
Hairy albino mole rat
They're a bit bigger than a normal hairy mole rat, have light brown hair and red eyes. They can talk and have relatively higher intelligence than the average. The only two known specimens are Keeng Ra'at and Brain.
In between the small giant rat and the mole rat.
A mutated naked mole rat found in East Coast and the Mojave Wasteland. They have very little hair on their body and are usually found in packs of three or four, rarely appearing alone or in pairs.
Mole rat pup
These are young naked mole rats and are smaller and weaker in combat. They usually stay close to their mother.
Mole rat brood mother
A bulkier female mole rat that can be encountered alongside her brood. The mole rat brood mother is tougher than her children, but her attacks still only do minor damage to a well-armored player character.
Vault 81 lab mole rat
Found within the Vault 81 testing area, those lab mole rats will transmit the mole rat disease when hitting the player character. There are several variations of Vault 81 mole rats, ranging from the standard variant to glowing variants.
Named mole rats
- Mole rat skins have also been used as decoration. These can be found in several homes and shelters in both the Capital wastelands. Blood will splatter when these rugs are shot.
- Occasionally one may encounter a mole rat with mines attached to it, for example just to the east of USAF Satellite Station Olivia. These mole rats, which emit ticking time-bomb noises, will explode for substantial damage if they reach point-blank range.
- Ada: "The mole rat is a filthy species... I'm detecting high levels of bacteria in the area."
- Ada: "Since mole rats will chew on anything... including wires, may I suggest we move along?"
- Ada: "There must be literally miles of mole rat warrens beneath the Commonwealth."