Microfusion cells are a type of ammunition found in the Fallout Series.
Microfusion cells are medium sized energy production units, described as a "self-contained fusion plant." They were invented in 2066 by U.S. scientists as a potential solution to the energy crisis amid the Resource Wars. Microfusion cells utilize hydrogen isotopes that undergo fusion when subject to heat and pressure.[Pub 1] Microfusion cells are labeled with warnings that they may explode if disposed of in fire, and that they have a capacity of "1040.8 VDC."
|Fusion cell||Fallout 4
|Fusion cell||Fallout 76
|Microfusion Cell||Fallout 3
|Microfusion Cell||Fallout: New Vegas
|Microfusion cell||Fallout Tactics
|Microfusion cell||Fallout |
- Fallout, Fallout 2 item description: "A medium sized energy production unit. Self-contained fusion plant."
- Fort Independence terminal entries; Research terminal, Research Log - Plasma Rifle
- Pioneer Scout Badge Exam answers; Atomics Fan
- Microfusion cell label: "WARNING: WILL EXPLODE IF DISPOSED OF IN FIRE"
- Microfusion cell label: "No. 1040 MF"
"Capacity: 1040.8 VDC"
- Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook p. 92: "A microfusion cell—or fusion cell—is a miniaturized fusion reactor used in light energy weapons. They use volatile hydrogen isotopes which undergo fusion when subjected to extreme heat and pressure, and they can explode if exposed to a significant external heat source. Difficult to refuel without the proper facilities, these cells are often simply disposed of when depleted."