The presidential suite features a master bedroom, a guest room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a recreation room. Additional furniture and items can be bought from a terminal in the suite. The terminal can be used to sell items and the items sold to the terminal remain in the inventory. Aside from player housing, the suite acts as a clubhouse for the Courier's companions. All companions can be dismissed to this location as opposed to their previous homes. When in the clubhouse, companions will wander around, sit down, sleep, drink beverages, eat food, and sometimes interact with one another.
The guest room is a fairly large room ideal for companions to stay in. It has two double beds, one Footlocker, two Wardrobes and furniture. The player character may purchase the guest wardrobe 1 and guest wardrobe 2 upgrades for this room. It contains two smaller-sized Nuka-Colas on the table in front of the entrance.
The kitchen is a room that contains a long table, two ovens and a Refrigerator in which the player character can store food. Additionally, the player character may purchase a Workbench, two work bench lockers and a second refrigerator for this room.
The bathroom is a large area to the left of the master bedroom that contains a few toilets, bathtubs, and a desk. No upgrades can be purchased for this room, but the water is safe to drink.
- Jake Juice - On the table in the recreational room.
- The background music is Radiation Storm, which has been originally used for The Glow in Fallout.
- When viewed in the G.E.C.K., the Lucky 38 presidential suite contains 2 suitcases in the master bedroom as well as a liquor cabinet and a gnome in the recreational room. They have been disabled and can be enabled with console commands.
- Selling stolen items to the terminal and then buying them back will not remove the 'stolen' status of the item in question.
- Companions can be told to wait at the presidential suite by selecting the dialogue option to dismiss them and then confirming that they should meet the Courier at the Lucky 38. (Return to base for ED-E.)
- Companions sent to wait in the Lucky 38 will take and consume food and drink items in containers and lying out while the player character is in the room. It is inadvisable to store valuable food and drink items in these containers with idle companions present.
- Companions will not take stolen items.
- On the pool table in the recreation room, there are 5 billiard balls in the shape of an arrow. The numbers on the balls add up to 38 and the arrow points directly to one of several Lucky 38 posters.
- Although all beds in the suite can be slept on, only the bed in the master bedroom is considered "owned", as noted by its designation: "My Bed". The Well Rested bonus will not be received from the other beds.
- The bed in the master bedroom may sometimes be occupied by companions and the Courier can sleep next to them.
- If items are dropped and clip through the floor, they will respawn in front of the elevator.
The Lucky 38 presidential suite appears in Fallout: New Vegas.