Colvin is a religious man, saying prayers before entering battle and sees the killing of Super Mutants as freeing them from torment.[Pub 1] Colvin is a kind and friendly man who acts welcoming even to those he has just met.
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear upon death (Contract Killer).|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Lyons' Pride Power Armor
|Laser Rifle||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
He returns to the Citadel once "Following in His Footsteps" is complete.
- "All clear, Sentinel. Five Mutants released from their torment. The rest are keeping their heads down"
- "My Brothers may be gruff, but they will lay down their lives for you."
- "This looks like the main force. Many tormented souls will meet the Maker today. I will pray for forgiveness."
Behind the scenes
His line "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" is the same as Psalm 23:4 in the Bible.
- Colvin: "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death."
- Colvin: "All clear, Sentinel. Five mutants released from their torment. The rest are keeping their heads down."
- Colvin: "You don't need to worry. You're with friends now. We'll see you safely through."
- Colvin: "Welcome, friend. My brothers may be gruff but they will lay down their lives for you."
- Lone Wanderer: "So what's your story?"
Dusk: "My 'story'? I blow the head off of anything more'n two hundred meters downrange. I'm the best shot in the Brotherhood of Steel, bar none. Not even Colvin can match my kill count. That's my 'story.' "
- Lone Wanderer: "What do you do here?"
Dusk: "I'm a sniper with the Pride. Put any mutie bastard within one mile of me and my rifle and, well... pack it up troops. Fight's over. Colvin thinks he's a better shot. Man's delusional."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 80: Knight Captain Colvin
"A sniper in Lyon's Pride, Colvin is 40, friendly, and warm to everyone; he has priest-like tendencies. To him, combat is like worship, and he treats his rifle as a holy object and his targets as the unfortunate victims of his god's wrath. He says a prayer for the soul of each mutant he kills. He’s extremely experienced, and completely unflappable: all according to god's will. He can be found guarding Galaxy News Radio from Super Mutants."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide/Wasteland Census)