As civil unrest heightened across the country, General Atomics moved their focus away from this factory, which specialized in creating Miss Nanny units for child care. A General Atomics nuclear reactor powers the facility to the current day. While the production equipment has since degraded without regular repairs, the Quality Assurance department still remains functional.[Pub 1] Waste runoff from the facility contaminated the nearby waterways, contributing to plans to close nearby Four Leaf fishpacking plant.[Pub 2] In June 2077, Lake Quannapowitt reported that illegal dumping from the factory caused water contaminant levels to triple since the previous reading, resulting in a formal inquiry into the company's waste management practices.
The reception lobby connects to two areas: the bathrooms in the southeast corner, and the western manufacturing section to the north. The western manufacturing section has three floors. A security door on the first floor is opened with a nearby Novice-locked terminal, and leads to the eastern manufacturing section. Alternatively, one can use the conveyor belt on the second floor to jump into the eastern section.
Back in the lobby, a stairway outside the bathrooms leads to the western section of the second floor, which contains a couple of offices as well as an Expert-locked door to Mr. Kincaid's office. The busted back wall of Kincaid's office opens to a broken balcony overlooking the western manufacturing section, allowing one to jump to a door that leads to the eastern manufacturing section.
A staircase in the back of the eastern first-floor manufacturing section leads up to the second and third floors. There are also several radioactive barrels in the southeast corner (radiation peaks at 35 rads per second). The barrels rest beside a door to the factory's Quality Assurance department; this department houses three rooms that simulate a number of domestic situations Ms. Nanny bots must responsibly complete.
The eastern section of the second floor has an Advanced-locked room in the northeast corner containing a Novice-locked safe. To the south is a room partitioned behind locked security doors which contains several turrets and a leveled Mr. Gutsy, as well as an armor workbench and a steamer trunk. The third floor houses nothing of note in either the western or eastern sections, besides an Expert-locked terminal in the southeast (see "Bugs" below).
- Tesla Science Magazine - On a desk in the northwest corner of a room in the western section of the second floor. From the entrance, climb the staircase straight ahead to the second floor, and find the magazine in the office to the west at the back of this room, directly above the building entrance.
- General Atomics ID card - On a desk in an office on the second floor, behind an Expert-locked door, underneath a Battered Clipboard next to Kincaid's terminal. From the entrance, climb the staircase straight ahead to the second floor, and the office is the first door on the right. There is an alternate route into the office through the broken balcony on the second floor of the western manufacturing section.
- Giddyup Buttercup - In the third room of the Quality Assurance department.
- Three fusion cores - Inside a safe at the end of the Quality Assurance department. The safe is unlocked after completion of the unmarked quest Quality Assurance.
- Concierge: Mercer's new Railroad agent, Caretaker, needs help clearing a location so that he can make progress on helping a synth escape the Commonwealth.
- Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution: the General Atomics factory is one of three locations where FLL3 turbopump bearings can be found. These can be used to repair the U.S.S. Constitution's turbopump which will advance the quest.
- Quality Assurance: Completing several quality assurance tests will result in access to a previously locked safe.
- Variable Removal: PAM has intel on a courser in the field. An unchecked courser can cause tremendous damage to the Railroad and the Sole Survivor is tasked with eliminating it.
- A New Threat: The Mechanist's robots are found inside the factory and must be eliminated for a lead on the Mechanist's location.
When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the Quality Assurance test chamber:
|Curie||"What were they testing here?"|
|Deacon||"And people wonder why all the robots around are nuts. Garbage in, garbage out."|
- bugs which occur if it is not completed upon your first visit to the factory. It is strongly recommended to complete this quest before leaving the factory. [verified] The unmarked quest Quality Assurance has a number of
- Just before entering the Quality Assurance department, there are some radioactive barrels on the left. The two white roller doors to the left of the barrels can both be opened, but there is only a void behind them. Entering the void will cause the player character to fall out of the map for a moment, then reappear at the main entrance to the building. [verified]
- On the third floor, there is an Expert-locked terminal which will show nothing at all after being unlocked. [verified]
- Lake Quannapowitt terminal entries; Water Quality Incident Reports: "Quarterly water quality assessment. Contaminant levels three times prior readings. Illegal dumping remains the most likely cause. Recommend closing the lake to the public and beginning a formal inquiry into the waste management practices of nearby heavy industry (General Atomics, Saugus Ironworks, Corvega)."
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.513-514: "[18.02] General Atomics Factory
As civil unrest heightened across the country, General Atomics moved their focus away from this factory, which specialized in creating Ms. Nanny units for child care. A General Atomics nuclear reactor powers the facility to the current day. While the production equipment has since degraded with no one around to repair it, the Quality Assurance Department remains functional."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide/Map)
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.511-512: "[18.01] FOUR LEAF FISHPACKING PLANT
This plant operated at a loss and was almost ready to shut down in October 2077. This was partly due to mismanagement, but the waste runoff from the nearby General Atomics Factory may have been a factor.
A local gangster’s secret laboratory helps chems flow through Goodneighbor like water. This secret lab is completely separate from the main plant interior. You can investigate the area during the specified quest (where you can obtain notes to shut off the laser tripwires and open the secret door), or you can try hacking the exterior terminal on the catwalk (Master) to get in."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide/Map)