A small family farm situated under the Boston Expressway. The location has a concrete cooking station, water pump, a small cottage containing four beds (one unowned and usable) where the Finch family members sleep, and a partially fenced farm plot consisting of mutfruit, a few rows of corn and razorgrain. Housing can be constructed on the ruined overpass overhead.
- On the road just west of Finch farm, a destroyed military convoy can be found. In the truck is a suit of power armor with a fully charged fusion core and random leveled armor pieces.
- Out of the Fire: Abraham Finch tasks the player character with retrieving his family sword, the Shishkebab, from local raiders known as the Forged.
- Finch farm has a 13 story build-height limit, making it one of the tallest in the game. It is second only to Abernathy farm's 20 stories.
- The ruined overpass above the farm is within the construction area of the settlement and can be built upon. It contains wrecked trucks that can be scrapped for components.
- It is possible to build a water purifier in the northeastern corner of the construction area, next to the highway support structure.
- The highway above the farm can be reached by building an access staircase. It is an excellent spot for defense turrets, particularly rocket turrets.
- Even if the whole Finch family is killed, the four beds in the shack cannot be scrapped, stored, or otherwise moved. Any of the four, however, can be slept in. (The beds can be removed with console commands, and the Finch family will adopt new beds if placed.)
- It is possible to overhear a conversation between Abigail and Daniel that discusses who would be a good wife for him. Daniel is dismissive, though his mother insists. Lucy Abernathy is mentioned, even though Abigail mentions, "her mother is a witch." Daniel replies that Lucy is interested in Hawthorne, regardless of whether he is alive or dead. Janey Warwick is also mentioned, whom Daniel states is too young for him.
- The Finches and any other settlers or defenses are occasionally set off by the Gunners at Hub City Auto Wreckers firing on the wild brahmin herd under the overpass. This may also get them into conflict with the Forged from Saugus Ironworks.
The Finch farm appears only in Fallout 4.
- The ceiling of the shack may act as if it's air rather than a solid object. Although objects like lights and power conduits can be placed on the ceiling with no issues, it may get to the point where the player is able to place a staircase inside the shack and run straight through the ceiling and onto the roof. [verified]
- The existing food crops may need to be uprooted and replanted immediately upon gaining access to the workbench to ensure that they do not become unavailable for assignment on subsequent visits. [verified]
- Pre-existing crops that become damaged and in need of repair may cause a glitch whereby attempting to repair the plant will use available seeds but not fix the plant. (Uprooting/replanting as described above should prevent this glitch).
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 296: "The Finch family farm this grim scrubland, and their youngest, Jake, has disappeared. Offer to help, complete the quest, and you may add this Mutfruit settlement to your burgeoning empire."