Poised right off of Highway 95, the Dino Dee-lite catered to tourists and travelers, with Dinky the T-Rex serving as a roadside attraction. After the Great War, the motel sat vacant until Novac was founded, taking its name from the broken motel sign by the entrance.
The Dino Dee-lite complex has both a motel and gift shop. A courtyard is situated in the middle of the buildings, where Novac settlers can be found walking or sitting on the ground. The dinosaur houses the motel's gift shop as well as a sniper nest in the dino's mouth. The main building is the front desk, which contains the Mojave Express dropbox and serves as the office from which motel rooms are rented. Outside of the entrance to the front desk is the sign displaying the town's name.
Next to the main building's entrance is a gate into a fenced-in area containing the motel rooms and bungalows. Several individuals live in the motel rooms, including Daisy Whitman, Bruce Isaac, Manny Vargas, and Craig Boone. Two of the motel rooms are vacant, and entrance to the room as well as items found within are marked to owned. The second floor of the motel, from left to right while facing the building, contains the player home, a vacant room with a twin bed, Bruce Isaac's room, and Daisy Whitman's room. The first floor, in the same fashion, has Manny Vargas' room, a vacant room with a queen-sized bed, and Boone's room. All other rooms are boarded up and inaccessible.
The Courier can speak to Jeannie May Crawford to rent a motel room that can be used as a permanent player home. The rental costs 100 Caps, but the rental period is seemingly infinite, and with an "Accepted" reputation in Novac, the room will be offered for free. If Jeanie May Crawford is killed, Cliff Briscoe will take her place for renting motel rooms.
While the Dino Dee-lite Motel has windows along its back wall (which No-bark Noonan will sometimes peer into), none of the motel rooms have corresponding windows on the inside.
The Dino Dee-lite Motel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide faction profiles, p. 43: "Watching over them is the landmark of the area: a giant fabricated tyrannosaurus rex biting off the top of "The World's 2nd Largest Thermometer". The interior of "Dinky" also serves as the city center (a converted gift shop from pre-war times, with a sniper's nest in Dinky's mouth). Dinky is the "attraction" that drew in tourists."
- Cass: "Named this place after the hotel. NoVac's the hotel, not the lizard."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p. 410, Dino Dee-lite front desk: "Jeannie May Crawford heads up the front of house in the Motel, the broken sign of which is where the town takes its name. There are actually "Vacs" and for 100 Caps, you can lease a room right here, in the attached block, for as long as you like. Jeannie May is also a party of interest in Side Quest: One For My Baby. You can obtain a key to the floor safe behind the counter if you Pickpocket (or kill) her. There's a few other items in this room, too: Quest Item: Jeannie May's Safe Key, Cash Register Items, Quest Item: Dino Dee-Lite Room Key, Floor Safe Items [Easy], First Aid Box, Quest Item: Bill of Sale, Dinky the T-Rex Souvenir (5), Bottle Caps (150+) and Home Sweet Home."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p. 410, Manny Vargas' room: "The sniper in the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur that watches over Novac during the day is Manny Vargas."
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p. 410, Craig Boone's room: "The sniper in the mouth of Dinky that watches Novac at nighttime is Boone. This is his room, and if he’s in it, he tells you to get out, and meet him up in the mouth at 9 PM."