Bonnie Springs is a location in the Mojave Wasteland in Fallout: New Vegas. It is located almost due north of the Goodsprings Cemetery, northeast of the tribal village and southeast of Spring Mt. Ranch State Park.
Bonnie Springs is located along Nevada 159. It features a single main street leading to a boarded-up saloon, flanked by destroyed and otherwise derelict buildings. A grave is located on the nearby hill to the west of town. The town is occupied by well-armed Vipers, four regular Vipers, and two leaders equipped with plasma grenades and a trail carbine respectively. Once killed, the area will be taken over by cazadores on return visits. Wiping out the cazadores can lead to a blind deathclaw spawning here.
- Love and Hate - Unique spiked knuckles, on one of the Viper leaders.
- Two Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Bottle Caps - In open crates on the porch of the second building southeast from the campfire, on the southeast side of town.
- If both Viper gang leaders have been killed, the town will be taken over by cazadores once four in-game days have passed. Any remaining Viper gang members will be killed automatically. Cazador nests will appear in many of the abandoned houses. Once killed, the Viper gang members will not respawn.
- The clouds above are sometimes green, similar to Camp Searchlight's cloud cover.
- The Viper leader with Love and Hate will always spawn with a set of green combat armor while the other leader will always spawn with a set of metal armor and a trail carbine.
Bonnie Springs appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- A script that manages the cazador presence at Bonnie Springs (VERShadows01QuestScript) states that the encounter was originally supposed to take place at Mountain Shadows Campground, but was moved and reduced in scope due to performance issues encountered on consoles. The script also includes commented-out references to greater numbers of both cazadores and Vipers gang members. The script comments state:
Moved this encounter to Bonnie Springs, and reduced the number of spawns, so that we can run shenanigans on adorable consoles.”
- Bonnie Springs was a real world location of the same name. The location was demolished in 2020.
The corpse of the Viper leader with Love and Hate never disappears.[verified]
Sign along NV 159
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collectors Edition pp. 298-299: "[1.20] Bonnie Springs
Slowly fading from memory and crumbling into the dirt is the old mining ghost town of Bonnie Springs. Use this location as a landmark. The ghost town itself is being ransacked by around six Viper Gang members with two Leaders. Be sure to loot a Unique set of Spiked Knuckles from the one who tries to hand-to-hand combat with you. Then check the second building porch for a couple of Star Caps."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide/Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)