Prior to becoming a Ghoul, Bessie states that she was pretty, and that "everyone used to come around all the time." She recounts the process of becoming a Ghoul, adding that people "stop wanting to be around you" when Ghoulification occurs. Though she has accepted her Ghoulhood, she remains self conscious about it.[Pub 1]
Along with Michael Masters, she follows Roy Phillips and his plan to get into Tenpenny Tower. As his girlfriend, she mentions that Roy makes her "feel pretty again" and admires the way he looks at her. She also defers to Roy in all matters.[Pub 1]
During the quest Tenpenny Tower, Chief Gustavo sends the player to kill her, Michael Masters and Roy Phillips. If the player sides with the Ghouls, Bessie will take over New Urban Apparel in place of Anthony Ling.
If the player convinced Allistair Tenpenny to let the Ghouls in, all human residents will be found dead inside the Metro Access & Generator room after 24 in-game hours. If the player questions Bessie about their disappearances, she states that Roy told her not to "worry about the other residents," mentioning that she is unaware of where they are. If the player discovers the deceased residents, she states that they "must have done something to deserve that."
|This character is involved in quests.||
|This character is a merchant.|
|This character drops an ear upon death (Contract Killer).|
* Only if the Tenpenny Tower quest is completed by allowing the ghouls to live in the tower.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War spring outfit||Switchblade||Bessie Lynn's inventory key|
- "I used to be pretty, you know! Everyone used to come around all the time!"
- "Well, it'll take a little elbow grease but then this place will be a true home!"
- "It's wonderful. Roy was right. This is the way to live!"
- In the Fallout 3 Official Game Guide description for Roy Phillips, Bessie is referred to as his "Ghoulfriend."[Pub 2]
Bessie Lynn appears in Fallout 3.
- A glitch can happen where reverse pick-pocketing her makes it impossible for any female characters to wear anything in their inventory (apart from the clothing already on her). [verified]
- Mesmetron, she may remain friendly. However, the player must still kill her to complete the Tenpenny Tower quest. [verified] If the player antagonizes Roy into becoming hostile through dialogue, or by using the
- Lone Wanderer: "So tell me, what's it like being a Ghoul?"
Bessie Lynn: "Oh... well... it's not so bad, I guess. Once you get used to it... but, it's not like before. I used to be pretty, you know! Everyone used to come around all the time! People stop wanting to be around you, though... when it starts to happen... when you start to change, I mean..."
- Lone Wanderer: "So what are you doing in the Metro tunnels?"
Bessie Lynn: "Roy is coming up with a plan to get us into that tower. Tenpenny's. Says it's only a matter of time. He's strong like that. He never gives up. The kind of guy who makes things happen, Roy is. That's why the others follow him. Me, I just like the way he looks at me. Makes me feel pretty again. I'd go anywhere with him."
- Lone Wanderer: "Where are the other Tenpenny Tower residents?"
Bessie Lynn: "I don't know where they are... but everything is fine. Roy said not to worry about the other residents."
- Lone Wanderer: "So you approve of mass murder? The basement storage room is full of corpses."
Bessie Lynn: "Oh? Well... They must have done something to deserve that."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide: Bessie Lynn:
"Bessie Lynn is a shy woman who defers to Roy Phillips (her boyfriend) in all matters. She has accepted her Ghoulhood but is still self conscious about it."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide: Roy Phillips:
"Roy is the leader of a group of Ghoul dissidents living inside the Warrington Metro tunnels. They have decided to try to force Mr. Allistair Tenpenny to let them move into his tower. Of course, he has refused. Roy is an ex-cop and his no-nonsense, black-and-white world view has carried over into his new life as Ghoul. He’s come to terms with his Ghoulhood and demands that humans treat Ghouls with respect. He has no patience for bigots. Bessie Lynn is his Ghoulfriend."