This page includes a list of Automatron bugs.
A bug is an in-game software malfunction that impacts visuals or gameplay.
- When choosing a location to dismiss an automatron while in a settlement, they sometimes may not go to the chosen destination, but will instead remain in place. Recruiting and dismissing again can fix it. [verified]
- robot workbench is available in the vicinity, it can be used to "call back" the automatron by choosing it in the first menu as if going to customize it, however, the robot needs to be nearby, which is not always the case. [verified] There is a chance a built automatron companion might not follow the player and instead disappear. Recruiting another companion and sending the automatron to a settlement can fix it sometimes, although it is not guaranteed. If a
- Sometimes, a constructed automatron can revert to its default parts (unarmored Protectron) without warning or reason. Dismissed bots and bots assigned to a settlement are both prone to this bug. Parts added to the automatron are not recoverable once the bot reverts to its default state. [verified]
- Robot disappears and reappears in the broken state and is unable to be interacted with. [verified]
- Sometimes, when a companion robot has the sentry torso and overheats, the game will freeze and will need to be reloaded. [verified]