Formerly a Red Rocket gas station, the building has been occupied by the Atom Cats, a gang with expertise in armor modifications, particularly concerning power armor. Two power armor stations are located here for repairs, modifications and swapping parts. In addition there is a weapon workbench and an armor workbench.
The signature Atom Cats Custom Paint Job can be purchased by speaking to Rowdy, the power armor dealer. Bluejay sells general supplies, including weapons and regular armor. There are no crops or water pump here, but free beer is plentiful.
Power armor and accessories in the area include T-60 Power Armor, with two suits (minus the helmet, both located on the same chassis) available to the Sole Survivor without engaging in combat, plus X-01 power armor parts available for purchase from Rowdy. Another three suits and an empty power armor frame can be obtained from killing the Atom Cats. A named eyebot, Peepers, flies circuits of the gas station, acting as a mobile radio station.
- Fusion core - In a generator outside the main building.
- Unarmed Bobblehead - On the hood of a car in the main building.
- Hot Rodder issue #2 - In the trailer towards the northeast with two pink flamingos.
- Atom Cats T-60 Power Armor (owned, without the helmet) - In the far back behind two laser tripwires. Two sets of power armor are on the same frame. The second set of parts will disappear when one enters the frame.
- Cats poetry night tape 1, tape 2 and tape 3 are found in the compound. The first one is in the trailer home to the east, the second one is on the counter at the bar and the third one is on the nightstand next to the bed in the back room of the garage with two power armor stations.
- Power armor frame (owned) - Inside the garage. However, if the garage is attacked by Gunners it is not uncommon for a member of the Atom Cats to use it for combat. Once they enter the frame, there's a chance that they won't exit it afterward.
- Atom Cats Custom Paint Job - Sold by Rowdy.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - At the end of the catwalk leading from the roof of the hardware warehouse where the bobblehead was found. In front of a radio, and a toy alien can be found next to it.
- Quincy Survivor's Note - Just south of the garage, on a rowboat with two suitcases, a lunch pail, and a skeleton. The note is inside one of the suitcases.
- Zeke's Jacket and Jeans - Given by Zeke after completing the Atom Cats quest.
- Atom Cats: The Sole Survivor can help the nearby Warwick Homestead by repairing a pump for them.
- Appropriation: When speaking with Evan Watson of the Institute Advanced Systems section, he'll tell the Sole Survivor he is impressed with the Brotherhood of Steel's technology and that the Institute could learn a lot from it and asks for help in finding some blueprints.
- Duke, an Atom Cats member, can be found via random encounter in various locations scrounging for parts in a car, such as between two broken parts of the raised highway leading into west Boston, below the broken highway overpass east of Mass Pike Interchange or north of Lake Quannapowitt heading to Recon Bunker Theta. He can also be found southeast of Vault 111, near a blue car between two pylons, or even at the outskirts of Fort Hagen, near the Relay Tower. He marks the location of Atom Cats garage on the map.
- If the Sole Survivor initiates combat with any of the Atom Cats, there is a slight chance one will yell out "Atom Cats rule!"
- The radios in the Atom Cats Garage are not synchronized with the Sole Survivor's Pip-Boy radio.
- If a companion is seen entering a suit of armor taken from the group, they will become hostile, but if the Sole Survivor enters, they will not.
- There is only one unowned bed at the garage, within the gas station itself, behind a yellow curtain.
- If an enemy engages in combat, one of the Atom Cats members may enter a set of power armor if it is powered by a fusion core.
Unused companion comments
This is where the companions were to make comments, but these comments are unused.
|Curie||"This is just like a movie. Soon will they break into song?"|
|Deacon||"All right, I don't say this often, but that is bad ass."|
The Atom Cats garage appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
A number of unused AI packages and scenes exist in the game files involving a drag race between the Sole Survivor and the Atom Cats.[verification needed]
- A Brotherhood lancer may appear and cannot be killed but doesn't attack, preventing one from interacting with any Atom Cats, as they will continue to attack the Lancer. This will not allow you to complete or start any Atom Cats quest since one will not be able to interact at all with any of the Atom Cats. [verified]
- When trying to repair broken or damaged pieces of power armor using the repair station, the pieces may transfer to the owned power armor frame next to the empty repair station, and they will be marked as "owned" by the Atom Cats, and trying to reclaim your property will turn them hostile. [verified]
Location of the Unarmed Bobblehead
Cherry Bomb billboard outside of the property
Location of the Quincy Survivor's Note
Empty power armor frame in the garage
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 391: "A group of friendly Greasers make their base of operations from this abandoned garage and scrap yard. Be sure to get on the Cats’ good side, daddio, as Rowdy offers some choice Power Armor mods. Zeke’s terminal (Novice) is worth a hack. Their Holotape poetry? An acquired taste."