There are three variants of APCs across Boston, the Island, and Nuka-World. One is missing the back entrance door, the second is accessible with the door open, reaching to the ground and serving as a ramp, and the third is found with the back entrance sealed. In the interior of vehicles that can be explored, aid items such as stimpaks can be found alongside level-dependent weapons.
The vehicle has six wheels, several guns affixed to the front and top, and reflective lines on the left and right corner of the front bumper. There are three stars adoring the sides and front, among labeled notches reading "STEP" leading to the roof. In addition, the numbers "1370220" in white paint on each side. The interior contains two benches on each side, storage labeled with numbers and instructions to the left of the door reading, "power armor units must stand." Some APCs are found with a gurney and other medical equipment within.
- During War Never Changes, the vehicle can be seen on the street of Sanctuary Hills while soldiers direct the residents towards Vault 111 just before the nuclear bombs hit. It is removed sometime before the Sole Survivor leaves Vault 111.
- One can be found carrying several barrels of nuclear waste. It is located on a small island in the lake west of Sanctuary Hills after the Sole Survivor has left Vault 111.
- One can be found just south of the rotten landfill on the road adjacent to the freeway.
- One can be found at a military checkpoint near Mass Gravel & Sand and Wattz Consumer Electronics. This unnamed armored vehicle contains a crate with some loot. There is a power armor without a helmet in an advanced storage box at the same location.
- Two can be found on the barge behind the wreck of the USS Riptide.
- An abandoned armored vehicle rammed into a mound of dirt with several armed frag mines around it and an army skeleton inside with a box of three fragmentation mines, two food items, a silver locket, a level-dependent weapon, and a duffle bag with around 32 stacks of pre-war money can be found north, northeast of relay tower 0BB-915.
- Another can be found at a military checkpoint just south of Big John's Salvage.
- One can be found in the southwestern edge of Boston Common. It contains some loot and the name "Swan" is written on it.
- One can be found at the Wilson Atomatoys Factory, and when fast traveled to after the landing of the Prydwen, Brotherhood members can be seen walking out of it.
- Two can be found to the east of Breakheart Banks. Part of a crashed military convoy, one is still on the back of a flatbed semi, and another has fallen off. The location is guarded by leveled military robots.
- One can be found on the road out the front of the Weston water treatment plant.
- Two can be found immediately south of West Everett Estates as part of a convoy patrolled by a utility Protectron alongside the wreckage of a Stingray Deluxe.
- Two can be found on a barge to the northwest of Nahant Sherrif's Department on the land bridge.
- Three can be found northwest of Neponset Park, with one half-sunken into a pond and a nearby suit of leveled power armor.
- Three can be found on a barge north of the Old North Church by a crashed vertibird.
- Three can be found west of Finch farm, two behind a wrecked trailer, and one in front of it.
- One can be found behind the bunker at the South Boston military checkpoint.
- Two in the military convoy slightly southwest of Dry Rock Gulch.
- Two in the military convoy south of the Hubologist's camp.
There are unique NPC idle animations that are used with this vehicle.
The APC appears in Fallout 4.
With a warning, near Swan's Pond
Three on the dock by Columbus Park
Convoy south of Hubologist's camp
Under Quincy Ruins overpass