|For an overview of knife models , see Knife.|
The Ant's Sting is a unique variant of the Knife. It poisons those injured by it, dealing an additional 4 damage every second for 10 seconds. Because poison damage stacks, rapidly hitting an opponent outside of V.A.T.S. can raise Ant's Sting's DPS to very high levels. After attacking 12 times within 4 seconds, its actual DPS rises to 90. However, most enemies will already be defeated before Ant's Sting can pass this turning point. This effect makes this one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game.
Ant's Sting can successfully strike about 1250 times from full condition before breaking.
- Knife - the common variant found throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- Slasher Knife - appears in Tranquility Lane and can only be obtained outside of the simulation through console commands.
- Ritual Knife - even more powerful than the Ant's Sting, the Ritual Knife only uses 12 AP for each V.A.T.S. attack.
- Toy Knife - using even less AP than the Ritual Knife, 10 compared to 12, the toy knife uses the lowest amount of AP for any weapon in Fallout 3. However, it does very little damage, much less than the regular Knife.
|Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second|
|Area of effect damage||Effect damage & duration|
|Bonus effects||Attacks per second|
|Critical chance % multiplier||Critical damage|
|Critical effect damage & duration||With all mods attached|
|Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||Weapon spread|
|Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Weight||Value in caps|
|Value to weight ratio||Skill required|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.