|For an overview of the topic, see Animal Friend.|
The perk grants a chance to pacify and, at higher ranks, control hostile animals.
|1||CH 5||Commune with beasts! With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.||0001E67F|
|2||CH 5, LVL 12||When you successfully pacify an animal, you can incite it to attack||0004A0D9|
|3||CH 5, LVL 28||When you successfully pacify an animal, you can give it specific commands||001D2450|
Affecting an animal requires looking down a weapon's sights and pressing the confirm/use button. Successful pacification is indicated with an animation, whereas failure results in a notification. Once failed, another pacification attempt on the same creature can be undertaken after waiting for one minute. Pacifying an animal requires the Sole Survivor to be within a certain range of the animal, while Inciting/Commanding requires an even closer range. This perk affects the following animals:
In addition, the Sole Survivor comments on certain creatures while pacifying, inciting, and commanding them.
|House cat||"Now now... It's okay..."|
|Yao Guai||*Bear Growling*||*Bear Growling*|
- Legendary enemies can be pacified.
- Initial pacification has a flat 40% chance of success, so long as the creature is a valid target. Inciting/commanding a pacified enemy always succeeds.
- Enemies incited by the second rank of this perk will attack other incited or pacified enemies.
- Sneak bonus damage is applied to attacks on pacified enemies, if applicable.
- Holstering the weapon or leaving and then returning to the area will make all pacified enemies hostile again. This includes using terminals or sitting down.
- Incited enemies will remain incited after holstering, but will still revert to being hostile if one leaves the area and then returns.
- Using the perk on Brahmin and other animals owned by non-player characters will turn them hostile.
- Insect creatures such as bloatflies, stingwings and radscorpions are not affected by this perk, instead requiring the Wasteland Whisperer perk.