As you enter the station, optionally unlock the food court door (Expert) to program a Protectron. Descend into the subway and beware of traps, turrets, and a number of Raiders. Eddie Winter’s hideout is only accessible during the quest. The speakeasy is where you find Chancer. Use your lockpicking chutzpah to open the trapdoor, which leads into the sandwich shop, or unlock the trapdoor with Joe’s Spuckies basement key, found nearby.”— Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map
The main entrance of Andrew station is inside a partially collapsed building. The roof of the building can be accessed using makeshift stairs on the side. The station is inhabited by raiders led by Chancer. An automated turret is near the escalators that descend into the station.
Underground, the station consists of the main train platform followed by a long network of tunnels, though many of these have become inaccessible. The tunnels lead both to Eddie Winter's hideout, which can only be accessed at the end of the Long Time Coming quest, and to Chancer's quarters, a speakeasy with a stage and bar.
Andrew station can also be accessed from a Master-locked cellar door behind the counter of Joe's Spuckies sandwich shop, just northwest of the South Boston Police Department and some distance south of Mass Bay Medical Center. However, the key to the door can only be found in the speakeasy itself just under the door; therefore, with insufficient Lockpick skill, the main entrance south of the sandwich shop is the only means to access the station.
Multiple crafting stations can be used at this location:
- One armor workbench: Outside the station on the roof of the station building (next to the weapons workbench).
- Two weapons workbenches: One is outside the station on the roof of the station building (next to the armor workbench), and another is inside the station past an Advanced-locked door north of the main train platform.
- Two cooking stations: One is outside the station near the escalators that descend into the station (next to the chemistry station), and another is inside the station near the destroyed train in the northern station tunnel.
- Two chemistry stations: One is outside the station near the escalators that descend into the station (next to the cooking station), and another is inside the station in the speakeasy behind the security door opened by pushing a button on the wall behind the bar.
- Grognak the Barbarian Issue #2 - Outside and directly north of the main station entrance, on the top floor of a destroyed yellow house with a bus crashed into the roof.
- One Vault-Tec lunchbox - Inside the bus which has crashed into the yellow house.
- One fusion core - Underneath the overpass in a generator right next to the lift south-southwest of the station.
- Two Stealth Boys - In a trailer unlocked with the Wicked Shipping trailer key west of the station.
- Four Vault-Tec lunchboxes - The first is behind a shack wall at the south end of the main train platform, the second is in the destroyed train at the north end of the main train platform, the third is in the destroyed train in the northern station tunnel, and the fourth is in the speakeasy behind the security door opened by pushing a button on the wall behind the bar.
- One Stealth Boy - Behind a Novice-locked door on the southwest side of the main train platform.
- A pair of boxing gloves - In a locker in the room with the boxing ring.
- Eddie's Peace - A unique pistol carried by Eddie Winter. It may not show up in his inventory but may be picked up off the ground. The pistol cannot be recovered before the final part of the Long Time Coming quest.
- To Claire - A holotape on the dresser beside Eddie Winter's bed.
- Joe's Spuckies basement key - At the end of the station tunnels, on a wooden shelf at the top of a set of stairs in the speakeasy. The key opens the cellar door to Joe's Spuckies sandwich shop next to where the key is found.
- Diamond City's Most Wanted: A bounty board in the Diamond City market gives the Sole Survivor a target to handle in exchange for caps.
- Long Time Coming: Nick Valentine is still disturbed by memories he inherited from pre-War Nick and tells of an old gangster named Eddie Winter, who used to be one of the largest crime bosses in Boston. He needs the help of the Sole Survivor to make peace with his past.
- Raider Troubles: A group of settlers is struggling to defend themselves against a nearby group of raiders and asks the Sole Survivor for help.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
The locked electric door containing the reward chest is connected to a button behind a bookshelf in the speakeasy's bar area. Follow the door's copper wire to find the button.
Andrew Station only appears in Fallout 4.