The airliner is made of multiple sections with multiple floors. On the top floor is the cockpit where a Flight Data Recorder can be found, and sometimes a first aid kit. It is seperated from the rest of the aircraft by a staircase and sometimes a terminal-locked security door. Behind the cockpit, in the main cabin section, is a small area on the top floor that can carry cargo or more passenger seating.
The central floor contains the majority of passenger seating throughout the fuselage, and throughout the wings, although both can sometimes carry cargo containers instead, and at least one example has cages built into it's wing. The wings can carry cargo individually even if the other sections of the main floor carry passengers. There's a circuit breaker by the doorway leading from the fuselage to the wing section that controls that wing's marker lights. The nose of the main floor, in front of the stairwell to the cockpit, contains restrooms.
The bottom level of the aircraft, along the whole bottom of the fuselage, is the main cargo area on all aircraft, and contains a secret locked smuggling compartment.
Airplanes transported cargo and passengers, the wrecks of which can be found throughout the Commonwealth. Pieces of the aircraft, including the fuselage, wings, engine, and tail can be found scattered in the crash sites.
The aircraft is marked with the logos and names of pre-War companies, such as Horizon Airlines and Skylanes Air. The debris from airplane crashes is used after the war as housing, and Super Mutants, ghouls, raiders, and Gunners can often be found near crashed aircraft.
- Three airplanes can be found at Boston Airport, totally destroyed and their interiors stripped out.
- Remains of one can be found crashed into the East Boston Preparatory School
- The crashed Skylanes Flight 1665 can be found in the Glowing Sea.
- The crashed Skylanes Flight 1981 can be found towards the north of the Commonwealth by General Atomics Galleria.
- Crashed and mostly buried at the crater house.
- A crashed airplane can be found on the ocean floor southeast of Spectacle Island.
- Small parts (especially tail cones) can be found scattered across the Commonwealth.
- The Horizon Flight 1207 plane can be found on the Island.
- There is also another wreck lying in the water, southwest of the Island.
Airplanes appear in Fallout 4.
Horizon Airlines wreck at the Boston Airport
Advertisement in College Square
On a Horizon Airlines billboard
The location of wreckage in the water, southwest of the Island
- Ness' dialogue:"I've got a lead on a crash site. Big old jet. That much scrap could be worth a lot to the right buyer."
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 279: "[2.10] SKYLANES FLIGHT 1981
On October 23, 2077, Skylanes Flight 1981 (with service to Boston) had just begun its final descent when the bombs began to fall. The shock wave crippled the plane. Since the crash, the wreckage has been picked over by generations of Raiders and scavengers."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide/Map)
- Skylanes 1665 Mayday
- Skylanes Flight 1665 final transmission
- Skylanes Flight 1981 recording
- Old Longfellow's dialogue:"Always thought this was an interestin' place to make a home. Least there's good steel walls."
- Sturges' dialogue:"It'll need some pretty high-grade metals, but it's basically not that different than the lining of a jet engine or something like that."
- Items needed - Reflector Platform (Minuteman): Here's what we'll need for the Stabilized Reflector Platform: ~ Aluminum x10 ~ Circuitry x3 ~ Steel x5 Pretty sure we've already got what you'll need at Sanctuary, if you want to build the interceptor there. - Sturges
- Sole Survivor:"Is that a secret compartment? All right, Ness. What's really going on here?" Ness:"All right, look. Skylanes was a smuggling operation. Near as I can tell, the whole company was in on it before the war. Used their passenger flights to cover it up."