The abandoned car fort is a small makeshift fort in the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3. It is located immediately northeast of Shalebridge, northwest of the Five Axles Rest Stop and southeast of SatCom Array NW-07c in the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3.
As the name suggests, it's a fort constructed of derelict cars on top of a highway. In the car fort, there are some dead raiders (whose corpses may disappear over time), a bed, six ammunition boxes, and a small crate containing random food, water, and chems. There are some mirelurks below the bridge. There is an Enclave outpost that will be nearby after The Waters of Life.
- Threat Level 1
- Collectible: Skill Book
- Guns And Ammunition
- Sleep Mattress
There’s an Ammo Box behind one stack of cars and another five boxes in the area’s middle. There are some other items in a small crate, plus Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor to peruse. Sleep on either mattress if you wish.
- Ammunition Box (6)
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor (1/24)
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine is located to the south of the car fort, past a wrecked train and an irradiated zone, in between some ant egg clutches, next to the corpse of a raider. The corpse may not appear in all games, but the loot should still be there, albeit a bit harder to spot.
- Stealth Boy in the same spot as the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine. If the corpse is present, it may need to be moved to reveal the Stealth Boy.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor at the car fort next to the northwestern bed.
The abandoned car fort appears only in Fallout 3.
- The mirelurks below the fort may fly up to the fort's level, allowing them to attack you. [verified]
- On very rare occasions an Enclave soldier or officer may spawn near the fort before the Enclave become active within the Capital Wasteland. [verified]
D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine south of the abandoned car fort