|Side Quest: Aba Daba Honeymoon|
|Travel to the Red Rock drug lab and speak with Diane.|
|Travel to Cottonwood Cove to find Anders.|
|Return to Diane.|
|Travel to the Crimson Caravan Company (or, at night, the Hostetler home) and talk to Don Hostetler.|
|Return to Diane.|
|Travel to Vault 3 and give the package to Motor-Runner.|
|Return to Diane.|
|(Optional) Teach Jack new drug formulas, with a Science check of 50 and a Survival check of 75.|
|Reward: First delivery: Turbo recipe or 250 caps.||Reward: Second delivery: 150 caps.||Reward: Third delivery: Khan Trick, 300 caps and Great Khans fame.|
Inside Red Rock Canyon, a path leads north to the Red Rock drug lab. It is home to Jack, a drug dealer who might be using his own chems, and his partner Diane. Asking Diane for work results in being given the task to find Anders.
Anders is found near the road just outside Cottonwood Cove, where the Legion has crucified him. He can be dealt with in one of four ways:
- Talk to him to confirm he's Anders and then cut him down - this does not cause infamy with Caesar's Legion.
- Talk to him to confirm he's Anders and leave him - this only delays progress in the quest.
- Kill him outright - this will not cause infamy with the Great Khans, but yields no reward from Diane.
- Free him, then kill him - this not necessarily fails the quest, but causes infamy with the Great Khans.
After freeing or killing Anders, return to Diane. If he was killed, no reward will be given, otherwise one can choose between 250 caps from Diane or a turbo recipe from Jack.
Meet with Hostetler
Hostetler can be found in the Crimson Caravan main office during the day, and in his home at night. Once he takes over the delivery, return Diane for Great Khan fame and 150 caps.
Meet with Motor-Runner
The Fiends outside the vault are hostile, but wearing the Great Khan simple armor that Diane provides (or any other Great Khan faction armor) will make the ones inside a bit more friendly. Next to the entrance to Vault 3 is a Fiend; wearing Great Khan armor or passing a Speech check of 64 will get her to reveal where her boss is. After heading to Motor-Runner, start a conversation with him and tell him about his delivery.
The Courier can sell him drugs from their own supply (Jet, Psycho, Buffout) for 20 caps (or 22 caps with a Barter check of 65) by passing the Speech check at the entrance of Vault 3 with the Fiend at the door.
After that, return to Diane to continue the quest. This nets Great Khan fame and 300 caps.
Meeting the following requirements will make it possible to teach Jack recipes for chems:
Passing a Speech check of 66 with Jack, or a Barter check of 50 with Diane, will convince them to expand their business and start making more medicinal chems. This opens up two more recipes to teach Jack:
Passing each individual skill check results in 50 XP as well as Great Khan fame. The player character can then request caps or drugs as thanks, resulting in either 50 caps or one each of Jet and Psycho. Declining a reward will instead yield positive Karma. This is repeated each time they teach Jack a new recipe. Once Jack is taught a recipe, he will begin to stock that item for purchase.
- The quest instantly fails if Motor-Runner or Don Hostetler are dead.
- Aba Daba Honeymoon may only show up in the quest log and on-screen after one rescues Anders.
- Motor-Runner can be spoken with only once, and it is possible to speak with him before starting this quest. It is recommended to only speak with him during the quest. Alternatively, attack him and then return to the entrance and holster any weapons, upon which he should open dialogue.
- It is possible to fail this quest and still earn enough trust with Jack and Diane to complete Oh My Papa diplomatically, by simply teaching Jack all of the chems recipes.
- Once one gets into the vault safely by wearing Great Khan armor, the Fiends will remain friendly even if they remove their armor. They will remain friendly if the player character leaves and returns to the vault later.
- It is possible to kill Motor-Runner after giving him the drugs, but before returning to Jack and Diane without failing the mission.
- If the unmarked quest Bounty Killer is already active and the Courier has talked to Bryce Anders about killing Motor-Runner, then Motor-Runner will initiate combat when the Courier enters the room. Wearing Khan faction armor will not prevent this.
Behind the scenes
Aba Daba Honeymoon was a popular song that was written and published by Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan in 1914 and first recorded by Collins & Harlan.
- Oh My Papa peacefully before going to Vault 3 may turn the Fiends permanently hostile, even when passing the Speech check or wearing Great Khan faction armor.[verified] Completing
- Still in the Dark and already obtained the reverse pulse cleaner without turning anyone hostile, may result in Motor-Runner only having normal greetings.[verified] Having started
- Mrs. Hostetler is dead, then no dialouge can be initiated with Don Hostetler, as all he says is "I should kill you, right here, for what you've done."[verified] If
If you talk to Jack first, you can immediately teach him all the recipes, this however will result in the quest being stuck.[verified]
- On PC, this can be fixed by completing the quest with the console command setstage 00140c3b 60
The dialogue option to cut down Anders from the crucifix may not show.[verified]
- On PC, this can be fixed with the console command addtopic AndersFree.
- I Put a Spell on You active at the same time as Aba Daba Honeymoon may cause the Fiends to disallow all entrance to the vault. This occurred after trying to enter and avoiding the speech check. The Fiends just inside the door have no dialogue options, display as hostile, yet will not attack until the player tries to walk by them.[verified] Having
- If you enter Vault 3 before starting the quest and sell Motor-Runner chems from your own supply and have told Colonel Hsu that you will kill Motor-Runner then begin the quest, Motor-Runner will not open a dialogue box preventing you from selling the highly suspicious package rendering the quest incapable of being completed. [verified]
- Starting this quest after starting the unmarked quest to kill Motor-Runner makes it impossible to complete. No dialogue is possible with Motor-Runner after getting the note to kill him from Hsu, making it impossible to sell the suspicious package. You must do this quest first before ever talking to Hsu. [verified]
- If you enter the vault before starting Aba Daba Honeymoon, do not pass the speech check, and exit the vault, the Fiend by the vault entrance will not engage in dialogue with you, even if you are wearing Great Khan faction armor. This will make it impossible for the Fiend by the vault entrance to tell the other Fiends to not attack you, and you will have to fight your way to Motor-Runner. [verified]
- Motor-Runner in conversation, and then leave. Returning when attempting the quest, will result in Motor-Runner having no dialogue options to complete the quest. Killing Motor-Runner will remove the mildly suspicious package from your inventory. [verified]
If you enter Vault 3 without having started the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest, kill all the Fiends, engage
- On PC, this can be fixed by completing the quest with the console command setstage 00140c3b 60.
- Occasionally, if you fail the quest, the package (which ever one you have) will stay with you being an irremovable quest item.[verified]
After delivering the package to Don Hostetler, Diane will inquire about the delivery but no dialogue option will appear to confirm this.[verified]
- Sometimes equipping Legion armor makes the dialogue option appear.