|For an overview of the topic, see 9mm.|
Standard and JHP 9mm rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following materials:
Powder, pistol (6)
9mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (7)
Hand Loader (1)
9mm round, JHP (1)
Breaking down a standard 9mm round yields:
9mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (5)
Weapons using this ammunition
- 9mm, hollow point
- 9mm round, +P
- 9mm round, JHP hand load
|Ammunition type||Weapon spread modifier|
|Weapon Damage modifier||Ammo bonus effects|
|Target Damage Threshold modifier||Ammo is craftable|
|Weapon condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|9mm round, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||25% chance|
|9mm round, +p||x 1.1||- 2||x 1.2||x 1||20% chance|
|9mm round, JHP (hand load)||x 1.65||x 2||x 1||x 1||25% chance|
|9mm round, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||25% chance|
- As one of the most common ammo types in the game, they can be purchased from most merchants that sell weapons and ammo.
- The +P ammunition can be purchased in mass quantities from Bardon at Hoover Dam.
- Occasionally found on NCR troopers.
- Found on legionaries from Caesar's Legion.
- Found on Powder Gangers and escaped convicts.
Behind the scenes
Gun Runners, is unintentional. Specifically, +P rounds are not included in a vendor list which contains all other non-standard types of bullet ammunition.[verified]Although +P rounds are available from most vendors, their scarcity from some vendors, particularly
- Question: "Is the 9mm Caliber in Fallout NV 9mm Luger (9x19mm) or a more exotic type of 9mm?"
Joshua Sawyer: "It's supposed to be 9x19mm Luger/Parabellum/NATO."
(Fallout: New Vegas developer statements/Weapons; Joshua Sawyer: 9mm ammo inspiration, 2011 July 14)