|For an overview of the topic, see 10mm.|
A medium caliber, high velocity auto-pistol round manufactured before the Great War.
Standard and JHP 10mm rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, pistol (9)
10mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (12)
Hand Loader (1)
10mm JHP (1)
Breaking down a standard 10mm round yields:
10mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (7)
Weapons using this ammunition
10mm, hollow point
Hollow point bullets mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plate, drastically reducing the bullet's penetrating power.
10mm, JHP (hand load)
A jacketed hollow point is a round designed with a harder outer metal coating with a hollowed cavity tip. The result is higher stopping power and wound trauma with increased armor penetration when compared to standard hollow point rounds, but inflict slightly less damage.
|Ammunition type||Weapon spread modifier|
|Weapon Damage modifier||Ammo bonus effects|
|Target Damage Threshold modifier||Ammo is craftable|
|Weapon condition modifier||Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|10mm round, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||20% chance|
|10mm round, JHP (hand load)||x 1.65||x 2||x 1||x 1||10% chance|
|10mm round, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||20% chance|
- A large number can be found in Vault 34 and on the ghouls that inhabit the vault.
- Quartermaster Bardon at Hoover Dam will stock extremely large numbers of this ammunition, usually over 2000 regular rounds and over 100 hollow points.
- The Great Khan armorer will also stock large amounts, usually over 1000.
- Usually stocked in high amounts by the Vendortron at the Gun Runners.
- Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac randomly stocks regular and hollow point rounds.
The static object for the ammunition box reads "50 CENTER FIRE CARTRIDGES."